Frequently asked questions
The most common questions we get from our clients
Pre/Post Tan Care
BEFORE YOUR TAN
- Waxing and shaving should be completed at least 48 hours prior to your appointment and shaving should be completed with a razor that lacks a moisture strip.
- Exfoliate! Stay away from a body scrub/loofah combo as most are oil-based and will leave a residue. Instead, use an exfoliating mitt.
- Spray tanning should always be the last beauty treatment completed due to barriers that spa treatment products can create. Complete all facials, and massages the day prior to your spray tan.
- Avoid using lotions, oils, and deodorant the day of your appointment as they can leave a barrier on your skin that the tan will not adhere to.
- Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing with open-toes sandals. Please note that the bronzer in my solution may transfer to your items but is water soluble and should wash out.
- Complete manicures and pedicures the day prior. If completed the day-of tan, please forgo any oils/lotions that your nail technician may apply on you. If completed days after your tan, your tan may become uneven due to soaking, acetone, oils, lotions, etc.
- Any bar soaps/cream-based body washes (Dove specifically) are known to leave residue on the skin and can create a barrier that the tan cannot penetrate through and may leave streaks. Any gel-based body wash is best. Showering should be completed at least four hours prior to tanning to allow your pH levels to neutralize. If you must shower within four hours, run cold shower water at the end of your shower.
AFTER YOUR TAN
- Before rinsing, do not get wet or sweat until your first initial water rinse. This means no showering, working out, lotions, or liquid foundations on the skin until after you take your initial rinse. If you have pets, do not let them lick you.
- No touching - if you touch yourself while your tan is developing, this could result in stained palms.
- If you do not rinse at your designated time, your tan may develop too light or too dark. Do not use soap during your initial rinse. Temperature should be lukewarm. If you see streaks after getting out of the shower, hop back in and use your hand to guide the leftover bronzer off.
- The more hydrated your skin is the longer your tan will last. You moisturizer should be free of mineral oil and artificial fragrance. You may use a tan extending lotion that contains DHA after day three of your tan. In addition, be sure to moisturize and drink lots of water!
- Avoid using any loofahs or wash rags during your showers. It is best to wash with hands only in areas where needed (pits + privates) to ensure a long-lasting tan. A gel-based body wash is best. Glo-bar soap, a spray tan safe bar soap is available for purchase at the studio.
- Avoid swimming in the pool/ocean for long periods of time, long lot showers/baths, saunas, and excessive sweating. Your tan will not last very long if you’re planning to do these activities excessively.
- We require a 48 hour notice for all cancellations. Failure to comply will result in a $25 charge. Cancellations within 3 hours of scheduled service will result in 100% charge of scheduled service.
- If you completely miss your scheduled appointment, you will be charges 100% of your booked service. Appointments canceled within 1 hour of the appointment start time will be considered a no-show.
- Males of any age and girls under the age of 18 are required to wear undergarments during their appointment.
- Any service booked outside of listed business hours are subjected to an additional $10 fee.
- All single tans, packages, and retail item purchases are non-refundable.